Saturday, June 5, 2010

This is actually happening...

Greetings.

My name is Devon, and I am whatever I put my mind to. A 20 year old college student, who some say is wise beyond my years. I just say that I've seen, done, and felt a lot. This blog is merely an arena for me to place my works of poetry that I've been writing for since 2006/7. I had always wanted to document the craziness that was my everyday life...especially in high school...but I used to feel like if it weren't in a form of music it wouldn't be appreciated.
One day though, things reached a point where I didn't know how to deal with all the shit I was in the middle of, and I wrote everything that was on my mind at the time. And I haven't stopped since.

Earlier on, it was more of the gossip files: people I knew, the things that happened, and the reprocussions that followed ignorance regarded as bliss. The more recent works however...are a bit more introspective. Moments in time that caught my mind...and continue to influence me til this day.

But I have said too much.

Read, critique and enjoy.

1 comment: