Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Senior Signoff Series...

On some real, 2006-2007 had to be the craziest year of all time. I was coming off of a summer where some domestic disturbances my mother had been going through reached their peaks, and the kids had to fight back...I regret things had to end that way, but to continue would've been wrong for the both of em. And you NEVER touch my mother. My sister had just revealed to us that she was givin the boot to college for the moment, which had me both awestruck and in fear of just how hard college was going to be. I was trying to determine how I was going to pay for college, cuz I really didn't wanna go to Wright State...I actually devised a plan as to how I was going to run off to Michigan (which included me being homeless for 3 months). Conversing with some females I wasn't EVEN supposed to, lol. And then, there was my very last year of high school, which I didn't know was going to hold so many surprises for a nigga, lol.


Part 1 brings you to the land of promiscuity. Me and my boys was always into SOMETHIN, lol. But never did we let it come between us until then. He was trying to get on with her....but then she had already been with him...and talked to him and him. I had always steered clear of the trouble...until that shit came lookin for me. And with everything that was goin down, in my home...the new experience actually a breath of fresh air. I took every breath I could.



Dated April 7, 2007

Senior Signoff Part 1

Good evening bitches. Nah, jus playin. Its saturday evening, I got fresh force ones that came out today, meaning I need to get something off my chest. Whenever I shop, I feel troubled. Anyway read up bitches. Pt.2 Coming soon.

August 2006 begat the day of reckoning
As the class of 07 arrived, thirsty and beckoning
All the hard work meshed with all the skipped class
Gentle kisses and hugs clashed with grabbed ass
We struggled to mature in these years past
Forgive and forget fam, Emerge victorious at last
Became the main mindset of youth in transition
With our engines tuned up, we struggled for pole position
Me and my squad thought we had a whole gameplan
It only took a new york minute for shit to all change man
Squad comprised of Fairview Boys II Men, a.k.a Dream Team
More schools came in and made us more than what we seemed
An academic mag, you’ll think teachers was stockbrokers
Shit, we had afrocentrics and chainsmokers that told us
Our last days of youth would start that fall
Rapidly, we began receiving the real world’s call
College and scholarships yelled "YALL NEED TO CHASE CREAM!!"
Foolish we responded, "NOT YET, WE CHASE DREAMS!!"
As I tried to follow Option A I was faced with challenges of
Underacheivement, Friendship, and that bitch we call Love

I was greeted by “her majesty” first, this was before the fact
My claustrophobic mind had an asthma attack
You see, summer love took its toll on the young and the old
People thought it was forgotten, believin’ they'd shine gold
I thought of those as deluded, I could never be them
Until my stellar focus began to grow dim
Prior to this, these things, I’ve been reluctant to tell
But we’ve made it all the way here, so fuck it, ah well
Young and Restless, I was blinded by the Bold and the Beautiful
I abandoned my Guiding Light, got trapped in a cubicle
All of the walls surrounding me were painted pink and red
Five words, forewarning: trust, lust, and sex ahead
Here comes the gist of it, but with all respect
If I do get something wrong, would you please correct
I was feelin her, at first she wasn’t feelin me
Until I got almost her every move down to a T
Got tired of watchin it get mistreated, from the sidelines
Put my jersey and Air Ones on, it was my time
But, as I learned to take action someone had been teachin thee,
The true and glaring difference between a bitch and B
Cordial greetings turned into meetings and convo
I thought she was kinda fast, but she wanted move slow
Shit, thought I was movin’ up, little did I know
My invitation to the top would receive a HELL NO! (see C-Rich)
The second and fourth letters grew close as L-20 grew faint
I was fresh until I sat on Jealousy’s wet paint

I regret the forget, yet I must move on
To a period where many true colors began to dawn
You see, me and my friends were soldiers of legion
That was until a few of us came under fire for treason
As tight as we were I thought nothin could phase us
Then we let stupid cupid’s bullets just graze us! Good gracious!
Bulls took shits all over our parade
Chi-town’s waste made us taste life’s sour lemonade
I already knew he wrote some writings on her walls
But when I got spray cans I heard he was askin for recalls-pause-
People who are “everywhere, u aint never there”
Told me about events and I could do nothing but stare
Fam Fam had been trying to get a L for a minute
So it hurt many to hear he LL’d, rocked the bells and was in it
Subtle confrontations made loose lips sink ships
Took Jeez, Hov, Banks, and Lyfe on some brief set trips
We failed to keep our composure, wake up and smell Folgers
We got duped, letting envy and jealouy hold us
Down, to the ground, before we all got buck
Together we pushed em back, screamin, “WE DON’T GIVE A FUCK!”
The dumb dangerous duo thought they turned us out
Only good from it was a hilarious Turnabout! (Y’ALL STUPID!!!!!)
Yeah we still associate, but ain’t SHIT the same
Damn. At least some friendship remains…

After getting knocked down twice, I realized something
There are more important goals, distractions mean nothing
I let myself stray away from my growing prominence
Now I must return to regain my dominance
Yeah, I didn’t get into Harvard and Illinois, hurt my pride a bit
But rest assure I’m goin to college, and I AIN’T PAYING 4 $HIT!
The salutorian must fall back now, um, my head is spherical
Wish me luck on April 28, “The Senior Prom Miracle”

Part 2 will follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment