Monday, December 13, 2010

Worries

Stagnant nights while striving forward. Encountered by all attempting to push the envelope of their potential, they are conquered by few, and become a lifestyle for others; an everlasting cycle of inactivity. Never until I wrote this piece, had I noticed the spiral of footsteps that went on for miles through the sands of time. Ironically, those who look from afar only see a masterpiece in progress, and will anxiously wait for the brushstrokes to reach a finish. Who am I to determine taste in arts? What responsibilities do I have entertain ever watchful eyes? I determine it all. I hold it all. Eventually, my legs will grow weak, although my mind has become stronger. I think its time to garner a more linear approach to mural everyone is watching. For my satisfaction. For my safety.


...be careful and know that u can not do all things or be all things to all people. -Ms. D


Writen 12/11/2010

A victim of my eyes, enamored in design

Adore the aesthetic but never felt I could create it

So I choose to sell it

Intellectual property to physical real estate

Can you call that creative?

Can you say that I made it if I ain't makin'

What I'm achin' to squeeze out in little Dayton?

Dammit its so evasive,

We steadily erasin', what could be the perfect sketch

But it'll never be complete so we just say its time wasted.

Give everything a facelift

We fear to be complacent

Silence and empty space---the "peace", I can't take it.

You love it, but I hate it, therefore I try to escape it,

But at night when I'm awake, I can hear it through the pages

Singing sorrowful songs that we'll replay for the ages

The night is so dead please,

Will somebody scream?

I feel so awake cause, everybody dreams

I get on my knees and, pray my soul to keep

Wishin' I could join you, in a simple night's sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment